Sunday, November 9, 2008

SIX MONTHS!

Wow! I can't believe that the girls are already six months old! I have heard that a year is a big milestone with twins! I have made it halfway there (thanks to the enormous help of my angel mom, I am pretty sure I wouldn't survive without her)! Twins are so much more work than I could have possibly dreamed, but I love them both so much and wouldn't trade them for anything!
I took them to their 6-month appointment and everything looks good. Ella weighed 13 lbs. 11 oz. which puts her in the 10th percentile. and her height was 25.5 inches. Abby weighs 13 lbs. 9 oz. which puts her in the 8th percentile and her height was 26.5. I am pretty sure that they don't really measure their heights too accurately, seeing as how once Abby actually got shorter. Neither one is sitting up yet. Ella still only rolls from front to back, and when I took them to the doctor Abby still wasn't rolling. I was asking the doctor if I should be worried or if she is slow developing. I told her I had seen her roll, but she rarely does it at all. I am not kidding, but a couple hours after we came home from the doctor Abby just started rolling over. Both ways. It's as if I was embarrassing her by saying she was slow and she was like "I'll show you!" So now she rolls both ways like a champ. She is a better roller than Ella who has been rolling for a few months! They had to get shots and x-rays on their hips. Because they were both breech they are at a higher risk for hip displasia so it's a routine thing. All the x-rays looked great though. Ella is sleeping through the night but Abby still gets up once or twice. Another big milestone we just hit was falling asleep on their own for naps! Hooray! I just lay them down in their cribs now to fall asleep! What a wonderful day! It is always nice to go to the doctor and see that they are doing well!


4 comments:

B and J said...

We love you girls! Happy 6 month birthday, hope to see you soon!
Bradey & Jamie

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! What cute little girls! That is an amazing milestone for sure. Ryan and I had fun looking at their pictures--they look so much like you two. You guys have gone through so much, I can't even imagine how much work your day to day life is. I feel like I'm tired alot of the time and I probably don't have a quarter of the work to do that you have!

Jen, you're amazing and so strong. I can't say that enough. I really admire you!

(and miss you too!!!!)

A Erickson said...

They are so adorable and beautiful. I love their darling little outfits and their contagious smiles! How fun! I can't believe they are already 6 months!

Amy said...

They are SO cute!! They are so little....Sophie is just 3 months is is 13 pounds. One day we will have to see all 3 together!