Monday, December 7, 2009

A Little Laugh

So we took Cade to the zoo a couple months ago to see the baby elephant and he was telling the kids at school about it. When they asked whether it was a boy or girl he replied, "I don't know. I couldn't get close enough to see it's eyelashes." Now, every time he picks up a play animal or toy that could have a gender he looks really close to see if it has eyelashes. If it does, he informs me that it is a girl, and if not, for sure a boy. I am not looking forward to breaking the news to him that eyelashes are not the way we determine gender!

At Cade's preschool their are pictures of all the kids and their families hanging up in the room. The kids were looking at our family and asked Cade how come he has two baby sisters. He said, "Oh, I don't know. They just came. They've been around for a while."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

that's so funny. Annie did the same thing with the eyelashes. Kids are hilarious--I love watching them figure out their world. Your kids are SOOOOO cute!

Lisa said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs myself! Kade is hilarious! I love the eyelashes story. It's fun to read about your life and your busyness with the twins. They're way cute! I loved the Halloween costumes. How fun that your mom got to be Kade's teacher, too!