Friday, October 23, 2009

My Crazy Life

It has been forever since I have posted, but I am honestly just trying to survive my twins and somehow get just the essentials done, which I am not doing very well at. I haven't had much extra time to sit at the computer and blog. My sister's friend who had twins said that things started getting easier when her twins turned FIVE. So, I guess I might get my life back when the girls turn FIVE. So, one down, four more to go. Hopefully I make it!

Here is what we have been up to in a nutshell.

We have had a very fun and busy summer! We have been to Lake Powell, Bear Lake, Sun Valley and the Zoo. We spent most of our time swimming or playing at the park. Cade started his 2nd year of preschool and is loving it! He is contently amazing me with how fast he is learning. He is already sounding out words and beginning to read some simple words.

First Day of School


Although I am not terribly happy about loosing my mom back to work, at least Cade gets to go to her preschool! How lucky to have your grandma as your teacher! When we were walking in on the first day of school I asked him if he could get used to calling grandma "Teacher Sue" and he said, "I think I'll just call her grandma." So, Cade has all the kids in his class calling Teacher Sue grandma.


He loves all the projects and fun things they do at school.

The other day he came home with this cute little scarecrow. He was so excited to put it in our garden. It was supposed to rain the next day or so, and so I tried to talk him into putting on our front porch. His lip went really pouty and I was sure he was about to start crying. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, "Mom, if I put it there, then the crows could still eat our tomatoes because they won't see it and be scared." So, forget trying to save the cute little art project. He went and got a shovel, dug a hole, and put his scarecrow into our little (dying) garden! He was so proud of himself. I just love this kid!

What a cute scarecrow!

Cade also started playing soccer this fall. He loves it, although he is still trying to get the hang of it. Ty is his coach and he does such a great job! He is so good with the boys and Cade LOVES having him on the field. The first game he wouldn't get up with all the other boys and the ball. He just kind of hung back and trotted down the field. After the game was over he said, "Mom, did you see me, I ran with Daddy the whole time!" We had to explain to him that he didn't need to run with Daddy and that he should try to go after the ball. He is getting better, but more importantly he is having fun!

The girls are growing, (well kind of). They are still pretty small for their age. In fact I have a whole winter wardrobe for them in 18-24 months that is so big it falls right off them. I don't know how they don't gain weight because they eat like crazy! Especially Ella and she is my smallest! I take them in to the doctor in a couple of weeks for their 18 month checkup so hopefully they are 20 lbs. and I can finally turn them around!

They are walking and running all over the place! They are super active and into EVERYTHING! They are starting to talk a ton! They love music and books. They are starting to play together and it is so fun to watch them interact. In the morning they get up and they play peek-a-boo to each other in their cribs. Abby's favorite thing to say is "I Nice!" She steals Ella's toys a lot and she will look at me and say "I Nice!" It's pretty funny! Luckily Ella is pretty easy going and usually doesn't get too upset! They are actually really sweet to each other most of the time. They make sure the other one has their blanket and binkie. They wash each other in the tub and give each other kisses and loves. That is the rewarding part for all the work.


Abby
Ella
Although it is SUPER busy and some days extremely frustrating I love my kids and I am so grateful that I get to stay home and take care of them and enjoy them!

9 comments:

Sunflower-6 said...

Jen, So glad to see you're still alive!! Your kids are so cute and have grown so much. I can't even imagine a day in the life of having twins and a toddler. I can barely keep up with my two year old!

Angie said...

Holy cow, you did it!! Cute background, btw. And don't count on them being 20 lbs! Tay was 21 mos. when she hit the big 20 and they are way smaller than Tayler. Also, I read something the other day that said they are saying to keep your kids backwards for as long as possible (i.e. when they outgrow that position in the car seat restrictions), not just necessarily 20 lbs and one year. Anyway, glad you updated! Welcome back.

Amy said...

So glad to hear you are still around...I have been wondering. Your kids are so cute. Don't fret about turning them around...Ang is right..my MD told us they now want kids back facing until they are 2 years old...we didn't make it.

I can't believe how red the girls' hair is...SO cute!

B and J said...

They are so stinking cute! It was great to see you guys last night!

lhhadley said...

Cute pics! Glad to hear your update:)

The Hardy's said...

It was so fun to pics of your cute kiddos! I wish we could get together more often!

Unknown said...

YAY! Glad you're back! I've missed you. . . but I can't imagine how busy you are--I'm sure your three are way more work than my three. Cute cute cute pictures! Oh, and this is Sarah, by the way--Ryan is currently logged on. I'm sure he would say the same things! ha ha

Nicole Burton said...

Welcome back to the blog world! Ang showed me a pic of the girls at halloween. Very cute!

Tesha said...

Jen,

your kids are all darling - love those brown dresses! I'm sorry, my cup is too often 1/2 empty, and WHEN it became easier is really a blur - I hope I was not too negative, I just know it took longer than I thought it would, and it was harder than I had expected :) Your a darling mom - you'll conquer it sooner than I did!!!